Monday, September 30, 2013

Travel Pix: Europe, 2013


I'm back in Seattle following a 16-day European visit. Sorting through my trip photos, I came across six that while not directly art-related, I thought were nice enough to share. No digital adjustments were made -- what you see is what came directly from the camera. Click on the images to enlarge. The picture above is of the market square (Markt) in Bruges, Belgium taken during a pause in a rainstorm.

Brussels near the Grand Place, as seen from our hotel room. The tower is that of the Hôtel de Ville.

Two old structures wedged near the rue Saint Julien-le-Pauvre in Paris.

Looking up at the Eiffel Tower while waiting for the elevator to arrive. The glass ceiling is dirty, but its effect interested me.

Carriage ride tourists seen in Ghent, Belgium.

The Seine in Paris near the Notre Dame at twilight.

* * * * *
Images in this post Copyright 2013, Donald B. Pittenger.
Bloggers have my permission to use any of the images above provided their source is credited. Commercial use in the sense of travel sites or other Internet or printed publications requires my permission on a case-by-case basis: contact me via the email address on this blog.

3 comments:

Hels said...

*sighs happily* The Provincial Palace behind Market Square in Bruges look elegant and exactly in proportion. What is it used for, do you know?

Rain? What rain?

Donald Pittenger said...

Hels -- I think it's still used as it always was, more or less. It hasn't been converted to a museum, hotel or something else.

Albert. S said...

Don, you forgot to bring your pochade box?...:)